Thursday, August 27, 2009

Convocation 2009

After Kinsey was all moved in, the University had a celebration welcoming the incoming class of 2013 on Saturday. In all, there are 1000 new students to the University this year. It was so exciting, and why is it that those darn bag pipes always get the tears flowing???? I was fine until I heard the damn bag pipes!

After the ceremony Schyler, Keefe, I went to Newport for dinner. We showed Keefe the Titan 15 and then headed back to the hotel. Sunday Schyler and I picked up Kinsey and took her to breakfast in Bristol before her whole class went to Providence for the day. We said out goodbyes and then headed back to Newport for the day before going back to New York.

All in all, it was a great weekend and we left a young girl who was excited about the year ahead of her, her roommate and other dorm mates. We did make one more stop to get Kinsey and her roommate a little frig and filled it with her favorites drinks and left it at her dorm room door with a red bow. A little parting gift.

It's all good. I am so, so proud of her.

I miss her though.

2 comments:

misslori said...

Oh my god laur. How crazy, you almost made me cry!! I hope she is doing well. The pics are cool, what a sailboat! Call when you get time!!

Unknown said...

Laure,
I've enjoyed reading your posts and would like to speak to you regarding being a guest blogger for the university this year. Please contact me via email so we can discuss... I'd love to have a first year parent's experience for RWU.

I look forward to connecting with you,

Kathleen Lowe
Director of marketing & media relations
klowe@rwu.edu