Monday, August 3, 2009

Blue:30

At last! She is ready to rock and roll. Yesterday Schyler and I headed out to the mooring field with all our supplies to finally put the boat back in commission. The weather was awful at the beginning, but knew it would eventually clear up. We motored out to the middle of the lake and just drifted while Schyler fixed a few new leaks and I scrubbed the deck. We put the galley together and cleaned the head and floors. It was such a great feeling to to finally be able to really use her and relax for a day after a busy weekend for both Schyler and I.

As we were drifting, our friend Dave and a friend of his Thom came by and tied up for a couple of hours to swim and just relax. It was a great afternoon, and also the first time I actually jumped and swam in the lake this summer.


Around 5ish I think we sailed to the club to pick up Corey and we grilled steaks and other yummy stuff at the cove. Great day!

Looking forward to next weekend when Schyler and I are planning an entire weekend on the boat. As always, we love when our friends find us and tie up.


Our new friend Thom flying by with a friend!

No comments: