Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Taking my baby to college

Well, the day has finally come to take Kinsey to college. It has been a very crazy week or so getting ready for this day. We have spent the last week getting everything she needs for her dorm room and organizing what she will be bringing to school. Saturday she bought her own laptop with money she earned over the summer. It's the cutest little thing and she was so proud she bought it on her own.

Anyway, we are sort of relaxing now waiting for the last of the laundry to dry. We initially were going to leave tomorrow but a friend of Schyler's has invited Kinsey to come sail on this incredible 90' sailboat that he will be racing this weekend in Newport called the Titan 15. What an adventure, so we're leaving tonight to be at the boat by 11 tomorrow morning as per Peter's instructions. I can't wait to see this and take photos. After that I'm not sure what we'll do. We'll just let Kinsey let us know. She can't move into the dorms until Friday at noon. Her dad and Keefe will be meeting us there Friday.


Well, I think I am going to stop here because I have somehow maintained my composure so far these past couple of weeks and in reality I am not quite ready for this. So with that, I will sign off with a little photo I love of Kinsey and me taken many moons ago at Stinson Beach in California.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww. nice picture............ph

me said...

Nice picture, and good luck Kinsey!