Thursday, August 20, 2009

Holy Titan!



Today was an exciting day for all three of us. We got into town about 12:30 this morning and had to be at the Newport Shipyard by 10:30 so that Kinsey and Schyler could sail with Peter Isler and the rest of the race team on Titan 15. A 75' race boat. Whoa! Today was practice day for the team as the Ida Lewis Distance race starts tomorrow at 3:00.

As I watched them leave the dock I grabbed my cameras and hopped back in the car to try to find them and take some photos. Unfortunately, there was not a chase boat, so I had to do my best from the shore. No biggy, until the fog rolled in and made it really hard to 1) find them, 2) photograph them from that far and get anything good. Regardless, it was great to watch them while they were in front of me and to listen to the groaning of the boat as they tacked. Yes, these boats groan. It is so cool.
After a full day of sailing for them and a full day of driving all over Newport trying to find them for me, we are all back in the hotel wiped out.

Here are a few to peek at. I will have to work on the others on my computer in the studio.

Thank you Peter for a great day! Also, we would like to thank Tom & Dotty Hill for inviting Kinsey on their race boat and later for dinner and cocktails on Titan XIV.




No comments: