Monday, June 29, 2009

Graduation Day!!

Graduation day. What an event. Things to know about Graduation Day in Skaneateles. One, you have to get there by at least 6am to reserve a spot on the lawn for a great view. Two, you pray the thunderstorms stay away and three, just pray your graduate shows up on time. This show is a well oiled machine and I now know when and where to be for the next one in 5 years for Keefe.

Also learned in this process. PRINT ALL YOUR PHOTOS RIGHT AWAY and put them in albums! As I was doing Kinsey's board, I had so many to choose from at my finger tips when I was shooting film. When I went digital.....hmmmm. All on the computer. I will from this moment on send all my photos I take in my personal life to the lab and faithfully put them in little albums. I have also decided to start keefe's storyboard tomorrow.

Anyway, after all the chaos of getting chairs for us to sit in I had a few moments to walk around the park before everyone showed up. I walked the rows of seats and looked at all the names of the graduates taped on their assigned seating. Most of them I have known since preschool and they all looked like the little tags they had on their little hospital beds when they were first born. It was a quiet and private moment when I found Kinsey Lorraine Janke. I took a picture. :-)

Well, it was soon approaching the 1pm time and then the event just took over. I never once sat down. I walked around with the camera and tried to capture as much as I could while trying to absorb the whole thing. Schyler also had a camera and grabbed as much as he could. It was fun, it was beautiful weather, it was amazing. She did it. She is a graduate.

Kinsey with Cmoore and then coming down to their seats.

Kinsey getting her diploma and hugging Mike.

The tradition of jumping in the lake after the commencement! My friends father was able to get these great shots from his boat! Thank you 95!

The graduates enjoying the plunge.

Her cap and diploma.


What is Kinsey doing the day after graduation? She is sailing and is as happy as a clam at high tide!

1 comment:

me said...

ahhh. takes me back. I SO WISH we had our graduation right next to a lake- I always thought it looked like so much fun to jump in, mortar board and all!