Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Baby is no longer a High Schooler

OMG! Today was Kinsey's last day of high school! She graduates on Sunday, June 28th down by the lake. This is wild.

This morning as I was making their lunches, I realized that this would be the last lunch I pack for her. I've been making her lunch for 13 years. I also realized it would be the last time I dropped her off at "the circle". As she climbed out of the car, I sat there for a few moments and watched as she walked towards the doors, smiling at a friend who was coming up next to her. I can still remember the FIRST day of high school. She was so nervous and crept to the doors, whereas this morning I watched a beautiful confident young woman cruise through those doors ready to finish another chapter of her life. It was really a cool sight.

Well, the school day has ended. She is out with her girlfriends, all of them wearing the same blue t-shirt that says SENIORS '09 proudly on them. They are free and I'm sure a little dazed. It brings back my own memories with my best friend Mara. With that said, I just want to say to my beautiful daughter that I am proud of you and love you. Through all the tough times in your life you always, always stayed true to yourself.


Next stop. Graduation!

2 comments:

me said...

Congratulations Kinsey! Laure- that was a reallly nice post- it brought tears to my eyes to think about how fast it all goes.

kerry said...

I feel the same way Kristin does. Goes by in a flash, just to have to say "goodbye" and give our babies "wings". Great post. Congrats Kinsey!