Friday, July 22, 2011

mamma's garden

When Schyler and I bought our little house last March, I thought it would be nice to bring something of his childhood home to him. A few weeks ago, I stopped by Mamma's house and left a note for the new owners about possibly pulling some of the wild blackberry's and rhubard from the garden to give to Schyler as a surprise to plant in our own backyard.  I was so happy when when Robyn called me back and loved the idea.  So,  a couple of weeks ago I spent the afternoon with Robyn and her daughter pulling the plants for Schyler.  They love the house and Robyn's daughter has made the backyard her little wonderland complete with a teepee, birdhouses all over the place, and a new vegetable garden. The house is adorable and well loved by them. 

We now have a little of Mamma's garden in ours. I love you Schyler.



2 comments:

Schyler - Laure said...

I Love you too. thank you :-)

me said...

Oh geez- that was one of the most thoughtful and wonderful things I've ever heard. Thanks Laure for capturing some of those tokens from a very special place in all of our hearts. :)