Tuesday, June 24, 2008

When's the Regatta??


Well, the paint stripper/sanding wench has been sent below to update the Blog! I am sure everyone has been curious as to how we are doing with our Lightning No. 39. Well, after an unexpected trip to Colorado for a week, the beginning of Schyler's busy season at the Sailboat Shop, the beginning of my crazy wedding season, a move to a new studio, and the unfortunate ACUTE and extremely painful tendonitis of my right shoulder, (the money arm as Schyler puts it) all progress STALLED. The poor thing sat there all by herself screaming for attention. Scream, baby, scream....my arm is killing me, boats need to be launched, gear needs to be moved, and weddings shot.

After everything calmed down, we got going again. With all the layers of paint dating from 1939 were stripped and sanded, which took FOREVER, we varnished the inside of the hull. We, with the help of Libby, who has been here working under thunderstorms and golf ball size hail sanded and stained all the floor boards and everything not attached to the hull. The framing is all back on, old and new. Libby even admitted last night she saw the a light at the end of the tunnel. We have been working every night until dark, Schyler even later under the lights from The Yacht Club, to get as much as possible done. I love watching him. I've never seen someone so motivated. It's very cool for me. However, as I look out the window I'm not quite sure what he is doing, only to say he has latex gloves on. Perhaps I should supervise.

So, what needs to be done in the last few days? Varnish all the floor boards and miscellaneous parts, which Schyler apparently is doing right now, (I had to check). Put on the deck, place all the floor boards and seats back in, fill in all the dings and screw holes with the fairing mixture, paint the outside of the hull and all the other little things like sails and so forth. Oh yeah, and have the name of the boat painted on by Rob Hazard. Sweet.

I would put up new photos, but I forgot to download them at work and bring them home. Until the next post which will be tomorrow.

The Galley Wench

No comments: